RESIDENTIAL WATER SOFTENERS
The first and most common type of residential water treatment system is a water softener.
- Water softeners are used primarily to remove water hardness which is the white build-up that you see on your dishes and plumbing fixtures.
- Water softeners can also remove small amounts of clear iron, known as ferrous iron.
- Hard water will in time clog the pipes in your home as well as clog your appliances.To find your water hardness on city water simply call the local water department. On well water we recommend testing for hardness, iron and ph.
We sell a variety of water softeners.
- Most are metered/on-demand meaning they only backwash (cleans itself) as needed, which is more efficient on water/salt usage.
- The second type is the timed water softener which back washes (cleans itself) on a set schedule like every day, every other day or every third day etc.. This is recommend for well water with iron when an iron filter is not installed before the water softener.
- The third type is the twin tank water softener which is the most efficient water softener and provides 24/7 soft water as it always has a tank in reserve.
Please call us Toll Free 1877 477 5452 We Love To Help!!!
WATER SOFTENER SIZING CHART
|HARDNESS IN GRAINS PER GALLON||NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE|
|1 TO 2||3 TO 4||5 TO 6||7 TO 8|
DuraWater Pre-Filters & Membrane
Pre-Filters are generally supposed to be changed every 6 months. Membranes are generally supposed to be change every 1.5 years. Note: Depending on water usage and water quality.